Monday, January 1, 2007

Let's see how this thing works...


Like I need one more thing to add to my "to do" list -- one more thing to take up time and distract me from my work and play. Must be the A.D.D. or something I guess.

So this was by my friend Mark Johnson during a 3+ hour snowshoe hike to the top of the Empire Bluffs. This was about the only time all day that the sun came out. Earlier in the day, we watched some great waves roll into Empire Beach, crashing along the shore and shooting up into the air. It was the second weekend in a row that Northwest Michigan was pounded with nearly a foot of fresh powder and the conditions were ideal as we hiked through the woods to the top of the bluff for a spectacular view for miles around. The iceburgs that dotted the waters near shore were impressive. Glad I got out there when I did, as I hear that the spring is just around the corner and that the snow is melting quickly.

No comments: